Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Day, Another Dolla'

Dolla’ is gangsta for dollar. Yes, that’s right everyone, I am gangsta. Who am I kidding? The whole two people out there reading this blog knows that it couldn’t be further from the truth.

Today started out like any other Thursday, except I was lucky enough to be afforded the privilege of not attending loan committee. Those privileges come few and far between, so I was ecstatic at the notion of 30 extra minutes of sleep. (Of course 30 turned to 50 when I decided to wear my hair curly, but mentioning that isn’t really all that important)

So 50 extra minutes of sleep, lunch plans with the one and only Kayla McMillan, and the aspirations of what I would do with a three day weekend should have made for a delightful work day, right? This is where the interactive audience yells, “wrong!”

For whatever reason, let’s blame it on this past week’s lunar eclipse, someone totally peed in my cheerios first thing this morning. I was not a happy camper. I came to work and seemed to become aggravated with anyone who crossed my path. Even the sweet looking older lady who works in the vault seemed to burrow right under my skin. My irritability culminated on my lunch date, when I told Kayla to prepare herself – I was about to stab someone with my steak knife. I’m not generally a violent person, but sometimes there’s no better way to release a little bit of tension as just letting your frustrations be known by medium of steak knife.

That being said, everyone (again, all 2 of you) will be happy to know that I am in a much better mood. It’s 3:27 and in an hour and a half I will be well on my way to enjoying my Thursday evening. Cheers to all of you1

No comments: