Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Week has Gone by

And I still don’t have much to report. The best thing about banking is all of the wonderfully celebrated holidays throughout the year, for instance Columbus Day. The banking community’s celebration of Columbus discovering America made for an excellent three day weekend, and fingers crossed, an excellent four day work week.

This weekend was phenomenal. Bailey’s first birthday party was fabulous, and I still stand amazed at how quickly they turn into smart miniature people. My weekend spent with family was just what the Dr. ordered.

Coming back to Lubbock I find myself in somewhat of a funk. I know that there are many things contributing to said funk, a few more heavy than the others, but what to do about it is where I stand perplexed. For one, I am beyond ready to move out of the tiny apartment that I have called home for the past four years. In essence, I just want to move and move away. I’ve outgrown it, and strangely enough, I mean that in a few senses of the word. I was hoping to possibly have a house before fall came upon us, but I don’t think that will be happening. Not to be a party pooper though, there are worse things than spending your favorite season in an apartment you’re so already well accustomed to. Let’s just hope that my crazy downstairs neighbors find a way to get along and cease the yelling that wakes me up in the middle of pleasant slumbers.

Usually I feel most rejuvenated in the fall. Oddly enough, it’s practically the only season that seems to inspire some sort of inner creativity within me. I find myself wanting to bake, decorate, arrange flowers, and why not, even find a way to make homemade potpourri. However, if I don’t find a shovel and dig myself out of the rut I’ve been in, fall will come and go and pay no attention to the one who loves it most. And I absolutely cannot have that. Way too important things are on the line. For instance, the McMillan family jack-o-lantern extravaganza (and I say family here, because at one point or another they’ll be forced to adopt me).

I think part of my funk is due to fall itself. With my favorite season comes good memories, and on most days those memories are like a nice afghan draped across your body as you lounge around. Not right now. Memories sometimes have a way of forcing us to deal with things we’ve been putting off. Ah, the sooner the better right?

So here’s to fall and for this downer of a blog I’ve written. It looks like I had something to say after all.

No comments: