Monday, September 17, 2007

In a Faded Black Shirt

I went to the front of the church and became an official member of FBC! It’s a funny feeling joining a church, standing alone as an adult. The only church I’ve ever been a member of is the Baptist Church in Seminole. And even though I had been thinking about joining FBC for a couple of weeks now, as the invitation began to play I had last minutes jitters about things such as “I’m leaving the church I was baptized at,” and other things of that sort, but I can honestly say I’m happy with my decision. I had needed to find a church home and family for quite some time now, but had never made the plunge. After going to the worship service only for a couple of weeks, I started attending a Sunday school class last week and am really excited about it. I think it will be good for me to have a group of people that I can meet and fellowship with. About 15 of us went bowling last night, and I’m sure that none of you will be surprised to know that I am, without a doubt, the absolute worst bowler. Oh well, humility is one of life’s many good-humored lessons.

No comments: